Sunrise Apothecary (defined below) respects the privacy and the security of your personal information is important to us. We protect your personal information by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. Except as stated herein, personal information may only be accessed by persons within our organization and other authorized third parties who require such access to provide you with the services indicated below.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information needed to use the Sunrise Apothecary Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you use the Sunrise Apothecary Platform or when you provide it to us through other means (such as when you contact us, register a Sunrise Apothecary Account or use a Deal). Without this information, we would be unable to provide you with all the services provided by the Sunrise Apothecary Platform. This information includes:
- Contact Information and Shipping Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, home address, email address, and billing address, some of which will depend on the services you use.
- Payment Information. Such as bank account or payment account information.
2.2 Information voluntarily provided to us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional Profile Information. Such as preferred language(s) and personal description, or any other field that is not a required field during the order submission process or in the process of using the Sunrise Apothecary Platform (please see Term of Service for more information). This information will not form part of your public profile and will not be publicly visible.
- Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, place a Product in your cart, complete the order submission process, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, communicate with us, or share your experience with us.
2.3 Automatically Collected Personal Information
When you use the Sunrise Apothecary Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information that is sent to us by your web browser. We use this information to better understand how users use the Sunrise Apothecary Platform and to improve the Sunrise Apothecary Platform to better meet your needs. The amount of information sent to us by your web browser depends on the browser and the settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this. This information may include:
- Geo-location Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings.
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for other profiles or Business Partners, and other actions on the Sunrise Apothecary Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the Sunrise Apothecary Platform (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications or vendors), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Sunrise Apothecary Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t submitted an order.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. Such as text files with small pieces of data – like username and password – that are used to identify your computer as you access the Sunrise Apothecary Platform.
- Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, Stripe email address, your address, and other related transaction details.
2.4 Personal Information Collected From Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or log in to the Sunrise Apothecary Platform with a third-party service (such as Google or Facebook), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, we may obtain the local version of background checks for fraud prevention purposes. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as references, demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third-party service providers and/or partners and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Sunrise Apothecary Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to health information related to contagious diseases.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Sunrise Apothecary Platform. We use personal information to:
- enable you to access the Sunrise Apothecary Platform,
- supply you with requested Sunrise Apothecary Services,
- enable you to communicate with us,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service and respond to your inquiries,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- for fraud detection and prevention,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the Sunrise Apothecary Platform, your search history, and other content you submit, and
- to carry out any other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We use personal information to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or business registration checks,
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our Users and Business Partners, Business Partners’ employees and Customers of the public,
- enforce our agreements with third parties,
- comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights (see section 4.5),
- enforce our Terms and other Policies, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Sunrise Apothecary Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to Sunrise Apothecary, and information obtained from third parties.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may use personal information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer promotional programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Sunrise Apothecary or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
3.4 Provide Payment services. Personal information is used to enable or authorize third parties to use Payment Services:
- Detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Enforce our Payment Terms and other payment policies (see our Terms of Service).
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
- Provide and improve the Payment Services.
4. SHARING, DISCLOSURE & RETENTION
4.1 Sharing With Third Parties.
We may share your information with third parties, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your Sunrise Apothecary Account or participating in promotional activities by Sunrise Apothecary partners or third parties.
Where permissible with applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms, to generate leads, drive traffic to Sunrise Apothecary or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Complying with Law.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with a valid legal request or to respond to claims asserted against Sunrise Apothecary, (iii) to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our agreements with Customers, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Sunrise Apothecary, its employees, its Customers, or Customers of the public. For example, if permitted due to the forgoing circumstances, Business Partner tax information (if applicable) may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
Where appropriate, we may notify Customers about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon or harm to Sunrise Apothecary, our Customers, or expose Sunrise Apothecary to a claim of obstruction of justice.
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed in jurisdictions outside of Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
4.3 Retention of Personal Information.
We retain personal information that we collect only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet legal requirements (see Section 6.3). We destroy personal information when it is no longer needed.
4.4 Sunrise Apothecary’s Service Providers.
We may share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to help us run our business, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification or business registration documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background checks, business registration checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform platform development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Sunrise Apothecary Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess claims against Sunrise Apothecary. These providers have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.
4.5 Business Transfers.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications with us on the Sunrise Apothecary Platform for reasons outlined in Article 3 of this policy, including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, enforcing our Terms of Service, and customer support purposes. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally we may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools.
5.2 Third-Party Partners & Integrations.
Parts of Sunrise Apothecary may integrate with or link to third-party services, not owned or controlled by Sunrise Apothecary, such as Google Maps/Earth, Square, PayPal or Stripe for payment processing. Use of these services is subject to the terms of service and privacy policies of those providers. Sunrise Apothecary does not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you are providing your information to them.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Data Access and Corrections.
If you submitted personal information and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. You can request a correction to your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate.
6.2 Data Erasure.
In certain jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as the prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Sunrise Apothecary may keep information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (such as shipping information), may still be retained for legitimate business reasons. Some copies of your information (such as log records) may remain in our database.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION AND RESPONSIBLE SUNRISE APOTHECARY ENTITIES